Thursday, April 01, 2010

Oh, I am back, on the running thing that is!

This morning I woke up, feeling a bit guilty that I did not do anything active yesterday, so I laced up my sneakers and grabbed my dog and went for a run. I ran down my favorite street, Hudson, and around town, and back all in all about three and a half miles, and I did it In about 35 minutes, which is good. Deloris, my blue eyed pup was happy and exhausted when we got back and I was happy because I just ran a good run for the first time in a long time.

About two years ago, I was running a regular 3-4 miles a day, every morning, and I had to stop because my hips were hurting and I was hobbling every day. Now, I have been to the doctor, and received the news that I had not done damage to my joints, I had just developed tendinitis, and that I wasnt going to hurt myself by continuing to run.

I have been running on the treadmill at the gym, thinking that was easier on my joints, and I took a run last week, about a mile and a half and i was fine, so today was a test that went well!

I am so happy! I love to run, and to greet the morning with my dog at my side and the breeze on my face, and the sun rising in the sky! OH HAPPY DAY and many more ahead!

No comments: