Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Fruit Salad with Mint, Avocado, and Ginger


A few days ago, I attended a boat christening (that post is coming soon) and I made a fruit salad from Eugene Walter's cookbook Hints and Pinches.   It was delicious.  It was made with basil, yogurt, honey, lemon, cinnamon and allspice. 

I didn't use all of the fruit I gathered for that dish because I filled up the bowl, but the basil was gone.  So, I went through my kitchen, inspired by Gene's recipe and developed a new one.  It was delicious! 

P.S. If you do not know who Eugene Walter is, please, I am begging you, look him up.  I would recomend any of his cookbooks, and his life story, Milking the Moon, is enchanting. 

Fruit Salad with Mint, Avocado, and Ginger
A heap of fruit, I used cantelope, strawberries and blackberries.
A handful of mint, finely shredded
1 ripe avocado, chopped
1/2 C  yogurt, I used Greek
 1/2 t ginger
1t agave syrup

Mix everything together and enjoy!!!!!!

No comments: