Friday, May 31, 2013

A New Room for a New Roommate!


Sometimes, here at the Ugly Green House, I will rent out one of my bedrooms.  The house is way too big for just me, and especially now, since I am working from home, it is nice to have someone else using the space.  It seems like most of the renters I get are only here for temporary stays and one fell in love.   I don't mind the temporary boarders, but I would love to have them more often, I have made some good friends this way. I have been so lucky with my roommates.  I have had people I worked with at the GCCDS, and a guy from the Research Lab, and now a woman coming to do community law work for the  summer.

She needed a furnished room, and I didn't want to give up my guest room capabilities, and have a room sitting empty, so I rounded up a bed and dresser.  I pulled some furniture and art from other parts of the house.  I bought new sheets and a new blanket.  I did it all over a few days too.  What do you think? 



I think I need a stripe intervention.  I can't help buying things striped.

a big sunny window, and the low maintenance mother in law's tongue.

That was my grandfathers drafting desk, an extra chair,
and a shelf set that was waiting around for a need. 
Amos Kennedy Prints, now in most rooms of my house.  They are just too good!

No comments: