Monday, August 20, 2012

Pine Lily Hunting


My friend Mary invited me on a special adventure, the search of the elusive Pine Lily!  We found them, many of them.   Oh what a special day I had! 





Above is where we found them.  A low lying shaded area next to the road!  They were so beautiful.
After finding the Pine Lilies, we headed to a bog in search of pitcher plants!  Below is what we found there.  

Pipe Wart
Pitcher Plant

Pitcher Plant Flower

 Pitcher Plant flower


 Pitcher Plants


Pitcher Plant Flower

A pitcher plant awaiting dinner.... they are carnivores you know.





White top sedge and a star gazer

Parrot head pitcher plants




a pitcher plant awaiting dinner!  

my pickings

 my flowers.... some from the fresh market, the rest from the woods!

my flowers.... some from the fresh market, the rest from the woods! 

my flowers.... some from the fresh market, the rest from the woods!

No comments: