Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Off to Chicago by way of i-65

So, Tuesday, I was talking about my planned trip to Chicago for the 4th of July to go visit my friend Danger. My desk mate at work said she was driving up there on Thursday morning. I have moved my plans up two weeks and i am heading out tomorrow morning at 6am for the 14 hour drive along I-65. I am taking the train back, which i am super excited about. It will be a great beginning to a wonderful rest from the south's oppressing heat.

I do not know what to expect from my time in Chicago with Danger, because he is always unpredictable and i wouldn't want to put any kind of expectations on our time, other that i know i will enjoy it immensely.

I am excited about my 19 hour train ride back south. I look forward to sitting on the train with my books, and fresh veggies i will get from chicago, and cheese, and bread, and coffee and tea(they will give you free hot water) I love the long chugging rides of trains. There is something so nice about the big seats and the great views of America from the dining car. I am even more excited about seeing the central part of the country, which has always held that Jesse James charm for me.

So, with some promises, I will return to this blog with that glowing feeling of wonder from seeing my country, and a few great stories of adventures with Dan.


I

No comments: