Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Biking Adventure

For a while now I have been biking to work which round trip comes out to be about 15.5 miles. I have been doing this for a few reasons, one because it is good for me, two because it is good for the environment, and most importantly, because it gives me a chance to play out side, see the boats, the water, the birds, sand and to feel the wind in my face. It takes me about 30 minutes to go each way, giver or take depending on the oppressive heat or just my general energy level.

I rode my bike yesterday, to and from work, with a stop at Kwitzky's to have a beer with a friend on the way home. When I got home, I got a phone call from my friend James who wanted me to meet him to check out his new project.


He took a bike and put a little two stroke engine on it. It was the coolest thing. The craziest thing is that he assembled the whole project in about two hours. I met him, and his fancy bike up at the grocery, and followed him around town to the yacht club, and then to Shady's as he showed off his new toy to a bunch of his friends. It was fun, and hard trying to keep up with him on my bike, and he was going slow.

By the end of the day, I had managed to bike 22 miles. It was so much fun, and I realized that I should probably have a light on my bike.

I cannot wait for more of these biking adventures. I hope I get to try the motor bike out as well, although it frightens me a little.

No comments: