Saturday, December 05, 2009

Being sick is no fun, unless you have a James

Thursday, I was sneezing my head off. I always sneeze a few times a day, but this officially counted as sneezing my head off. I enjoyed my thursday, without my head, but other than that it was normal, maybe even better than normal.

I woke up Friday morning, and didnt feel like getting out of bed. It was not happening. Not even for coffee. Finally after laying there for a good while, I got up, made some tea (you know I am not doing well if i dont go for coffee) and I guess walking around for a little while, I started feeling a bit better, so I drove to the drugstore, got some medicine. I was feeling so well, I decided to go into the office to get a little work done, and to get some files to work on.

Then I went in search of the spiciest food I could find to try to open up my head. I headed to shady's for some curry then headed back to bed.

I laid around for a little while, and James called, asking if i needed anything from the grocery store. He arrived at my house about an hour later with grocery bags full of yummy goodies. He also brought me some really happy flowers.

He immediately got to work. He fixed up some Cincinnati Chili to eat that moment! Then he started the chicken soup. He roasted the chicken, and started working the veggies.


After about an hour or so, he had everything in the pot! The soup was perfect! I am lucky to have someone who will come cook me chicken soup and bring me flowers when I am feeling bad.



We spent the rest of the evening curled up on the couch watching movies.

1 comment:

abigail said...

that's a good man!