Sunday, November 18, 2007

Good Bye Mr. Toe-Joe!

Mr. Toe-Joe, one of the old men from sweets passed away this week.

I don't know how old he was, but he was old. He would ride from the Villa Maria, the retirement home up the street, down to sweets on his hover round. He would have his awesome little dog, in his lap, i think it was a mix between a jack russel and a wiener dog. he would come in there every morning i think(i only saw him on the weekends, but i think it was a daily activity) and have a coke, and remove his oxygen tubes, and smoke a cigarette. He would have a beer every once in a while, but usually it was a coke. I would see him all over town. He was about as independant as one could be.

I saw him last saturday morning. He came in right when i got to work, which was later than usual, because i had a race that morning. I was wearing my running shorts and my sweaty ass tshirt. He said something to the effect of Hey there... i like your shorts...i like your legs better...
He was a funny man, always real sweet, and never afraid to hit on you . He reminded me of my grandpa a bit. My grandpa never hit on me, dont worry, but he did hit on all of our waitresses. He was also full of piss and vinegar like my grandpa.

Anyway, i will miss seeing ol' Mr. Toe-Joe every week. He always managed to make me smile and Sweets will not be the same without him.

No comments: