Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happy Bastille Day

You can't escape the past in Paris, and yet what's so wonderful about it is that the past and present intermingle so intangibly that it doesn't seem to burden.-Allen Ginsberg

Bastille Day is a funny day for me.  I once lost a tooth on Bastille day on a plane returning from a trip to England and France.  For that matter, I also lost a tooth on the 4th of July while in England.  My mouth must have wanted to help me celebrate geographically appropriate history by encouraging visits from the Tooth Fairy. So, this time every year, I remember Bastille Day, and the tooth I lost!

Here are some wonderful things to help us all remember the day!

A wonderfully French, and a bit Nautical bag from Ikabags.  I think I desperately need one, and will be ordering it tomorrow!  Good thing she makes them to order, and we can all have one!

Oh and wouldn't these cute little earrings go so well with the bag?!?!?  You can find them at Lucky Girl Racer's Shop


And like every day, you should probably tell some one that you love them.  Today do it in French!  You could send one of these cute cards from humunuku





And in honor of my lost tooth those many years ago, here are some cute little stuffed teeth from lexacto

No comments: