Thursday, July 08, 2010

Puttin away the harvest, and then some.

Anyone who has been around me knows I have been pickling all of the yummy cucumbers, and other yummy surplus from our garden.  I have been pickling like crazy.  So far I have made pickled banana peppers, dill pickles, pickled okras, bread and butter pickles, refrigerator pickles, and curried pickles.

When the strawberries I have been buying over the last week are extremely sweet and inexpensive, the urge to make jams, jellies and preserves bubbles up.  I thought I would search around and see what I could find other people making. I will post more about the individual jars of goodness that is surely to come from my garden soon, but for now, I wanted to record  the cute things I found. 

Here are some cute earrings from L.K. Farnsworth.  I love earrings that dont completely match, dont you?

 I also found this great photograph, that almost looks like a painting of jams by francoiserachez.  

Do you have any good preserve recipes or things i can put in jars?  I am no longer restraining my self to pickles, and opening up the canning room to all sorts of seasonal goodness!

No comments: