When I saw some flowers in bloom outside my little cottage, I was so excited! I picked a perfect red camellia.
I brought it in, and started sketching. I immediately got lost in drawing the petals. But, I thought I would stick it out, and try to get a pretty painting out of this, and definitely learn something! Well, I failed at getting anything pretty out of the first try, but I did learn a lot.
So, I tried to paint a camellia again, and this time I selected a pale pink one. It was not easier, but I was able to make out the different petals a bit more clearly, and so it was more straightforward to draw and paint. It turned out a lot better.
I will continue painting these flowers until they fade for the season, but I am going to give my self a bit of a break from them for a few days.
Here is an image of the "Angry Camellia" that I am giving to my friend Britton, because he says he likes it, and I don't!