Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January 24, 2011 - Watercolor painting #1 Feather and notebook.

Today, I did my first watercolor.

Well this is not entirely true.  I played with crayola watercolors as a kid, and some times as an adult.  I also did two Beaus Arts style water colors, one of the Greensboro jail as a student of the Rural Studio and one of my friend's trailer as a Christmas present.  Beaus Arts style is a wonderful way to paint, very labor intensive, but also very forgiving.  It is a method where you use three jars of very watered down paint:  red, yellow, and blue. You make colors and darkness by layering hundreds of washes.  It is such a relaxing way to paint.


Todays painting I guess I did the more unforgiving way, mixing colors on a pallet, and painting.  I think it turned out pretty well for the first try.  I learned a lot as I went, and I cant wait to do my next one.  Maybe tomorrow!

This one is for sale on my etsy store!

No comments: