Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Amberjack Supper

My friend James came into some Amberjack yesterday, and called to see if I wanted to cook it up. Of course!!!!!!!!!!!


I drizzled olive oil and placed two slices of lemon on sheets of parchment paper. I placed the one inch fillets of amberjack on top of the lemon, and covered the fish with a light sauce of sauteed tomatoes, capers and garlic. I threw in a few sprigs of thyme, and tied the parchment envelope with some twine. I repeated this for each of the four servings of fish and placed the little pouches on a baking sheet. I popped them in the oven at 450 for 20 minutes.

I served the fish with some middle eastern inspired aromatic basmatti rice scented with a few cloves, a cinnamon stick, some cardamom, and slivers of ginger. Also on the table was some of the sun and rain bread that I pulled from the freezer and popped in the oven for a hot minute and a basic salad with cucumbers and tomatoes.

There were many drinks on the table. I was drinking a chillean white wine, Jeff was drinking Miller High Life and James and Ben were both drinking Captain and Coke.

We had full intentions of having some fresh Chilton County peaches from my lovely state of Alabama, but we were all too full to somach any more food.

No comments: