Thursday, January 25, 2007

woah!!! its been a while


I finally got my washer and drier hooked up, and that is real nice. I did 5 loads of laundry last night and this morning. I am wearing clean jeans for the first time since Christmas break. So I feel good!

Yesterday, I got this project to pick up this house that another girl started. The other girl is out of commission today due to the cast of the Guiding Light being here (she has to lead one of the construction crews) and I had almost finished it. It was looking good, and working well. I had moved a few walls and had everything pretty set. I was about to start working on the elevations, so I went to the house to take pictures and measure a few things, and low and behold the owner of the house was there working. This was not a surprise because I have heard how proactive he has been on getting back in his house. I have a lot of respect for those people who are taking things into their own hands(This is another discussion all together). But, since I picked this house up mid project, and did not get to talk to my coworker, and had not met the client, I did not realize how much he had completed inside the house already. He has already finished most of the house, and he is waiting on us to give him the drawings to do the addition of another bedroom, a bathroom, a laundry room and a porch on the front. So a lot of the work I have done now is null, and the work I had done with the addition, it has been changed quite a bit because I learned that he has already purchased both a freestanding shower and a "Jacuzzi" for the new bathroom, not the standard tub that I had drawn in the plan. It was not a big deal, but I am glad I went over there.

To see a few more pictures of this house as it is now, check out my flicker set for this project

No comments: