Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Ocean Springs Mardi Gras,

The Ocean Springs Mardi Gras was a lot of fun. It started off with a day of grey skys. the outlook did not look promising. Depression was beginning to sink in because i thought that my first Mardi Gras Parade was goint to some how be deminished because of the rain. Oh.... How i was wrong. I will get to that in a second though.
My mom and her friend Al came into town for the parade. They got in Friday night. We went to Sweets, had a few beers and stood around the fire, and watche the meat for the next days celebrations cook. below is Ron, the owner of Sweets Lounge workin on the pigs.

The next day, we went in search of a place to eat breakfast, there is no diner in Ocean Springs (at least within walking distance from my house) so we ended up at a gasstation, and got bacon egg and cheese burritos. Mmmmm....

We headed back to the house to get all dressed up for the parade, and headed across the street to join the festivities. It was wild, much like tail gating for the Auburn Games. THere were folks setting up tents and marking off their little piece of territory to catch their beads.
It was a drizzly day but it did not seem to matter too much. Everyone was in the spirit and into the spirits. Not a rain drop was felt, i can promise you that. I dont have any pictures of the actual parade, i was too busy catchin beads. At the begining, i was a bit awkward asking for the beads. I felt a bit silly, but after an hour of bead slingin floats, i was a pro. I had so many beads, it is not funny. and this is only the first parade. Ahhh.. i am gonna be bead crazy. I dont really know what i am going to do with all of them, but i will figure it out.

My Stash!!!! All of the stuff seen on the table was collected at the Ocean Springs Mardi Gras Parade!!!

After the parade, we went back to my house, and changed into dry clothes, and returned to sweets for he rest of the festivities. It was a fun day! Cant wait to go to my next one

No comments: