Sunday, November 22, 2009

Jessie James Outlaw Cheesecake and other exciting adventures

Around 10 am yesterday, James sent me an email with the weekend's Goings Ons at the Yacht Club. On it there was a Dessert Contest. We were in!

James and I talked about what we should make. My first thought was a Hummingbird Cake. It is always a favorite. But it is too summery. So I started searching my recipies and I narrowed it down to two. Banana Nut Bread Pudding with a Buttery Rum Sauce or the Bourbon Pumpkin Cheese Cake with a Pecan Graham Cracker Crust. Although I have never made a cheesecake before, we both thought the elegance of a cheesecake would be more impressive than the bread pudding.

We pulled all of the ingredients together, and started making it. James ran the Kitchen-aid mixer, because its the manly thing to do. He also was in charge of the spatula and licking the bowls, but I helped a little with that last one.

We call it the Jessie James Outlaw Cheese Cake.

We got to the Yacht Club met up with KC, Trinh, Debbie and Terry. The judging had already happened. The email didnt say what time the contest was, and we missed it. Next time!


The Outlaw Cheese cake was a hit.

Dinner was delicious. It was steak night, and you bring and grill your own steak, and the Yacht Club supplies the sides. We got filet mignons from Fayards BP (this gas station is the best place on the coast to buy steaks, it is weird, i know, but dont question it too much)

After the Yacht Club, we headed for the Fillin' Station in Biloxi, where James was playin with Fort Bayou Slim. They sounded good, and there were a few people there I knew that I hadnt seen in a while. I even got up and danced for a spell.

All in all, it was a good night.

No comments: