Thursday, September 17, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake Cookies

Around 2 pm, after laying around all day sunday watching Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and eating pork roast for both breakfast and lunch, I forced my self to get up and make the strawberry shortcake cookies. My friend Casie made these a few weeks ago, and told me how delicious they are.

They were so much fun to make, and really easy. Strawberries are always fun to cook with because they are so bright, hence all of the pictures. I couldn't stop taking pictures.

They turned out beautiful and were delightful when they were warm, and not bad at all when cool. They were not too sweet, and the strawberries added a little twang of tartness. I took the cookies over to some friends', because god knows I have no business eating all of these. Their daughter had a few friends over, and they were so happy to have such girly cookies. They are girly cookies. The guys really liked them too as they each ate about 6 of them, although the comment was made that they were no whoopie pie. I think I will make the whoopie pies this weekend. It has been a while since the last time I made them.

Anyways... here is the recipe for Strawberry Shortcake Cookies. You should make them. They are beautiful and delicious cookies!

No comments: